Hillsborough County Florida

Bob Henriquez, Property Appraiser

This website has information regarding Hillsborough, FL with access to parcel searching, forms, and contact information.

For more information please go to the contact page.

Hillsborough County Property Appraiser, Florida

HomeLinkCrest HeaderLogo HeaderRight
Hillsborough County Property Appraiser
Print Crest

Bob Henriquez

Hillsborough County Property Appraiser



If a property owner disagrees with their value or has been denied an exemption, they should contact our office. The first party to review an appraisal with the property owner is a member of the Property Appraiser's Office. Usually, objections are settled during this phase after the property owner's position is considered and an appraiser gives a complete explanation of how a value was derived. If unsatisfied after that initial review and possible adjustment, the property owner may then petition the Value Adjustment Board.

The Value Adjustment Board was created by State law and is comprised of two members of the Hillsborough County Commission, one member of the School Board and two private citizens. It is administered by the Clerk of the Circuit Court as a neutral body.

The Board appoints Special Masters who are qualified real estate appraisers or attorneys to conduct hearings on disputed properties. They act totally independent of the Property Appraiser's Office. The Property Appraiser is simply a party before the board, just as is the petitioner.

The only questions the Special Masters are appointed to determine are whether the appraised value of a petitioned property exceeds its market value as of January 1 or if the exemption applied for is legitimate. It is important that the petitioner supplies all the information requested on the petition to make it easier for the Board to review the appeal.

For more information about the Value Adjustment Board, please call the Clerk of the Circuit Court at (813)276-8100 ext. 4354 or to file a petition please visit the Value Adjustment Board website.

If not satisfied with the Board's decision or if you did not file a petition with the Board, you may file a civil action in the Circuit Court.

For more information about the Value Adjustment Board, please call the Clerk of the Circuit Court at (813) 276-8100 ext. 4354.
Value Adjustment Board hearings are held in October.
Search our Database
HOME |  CONTACT |  DISCLAIMER |  FAQ |  © 2015 Hillsborough County Property Appraiser |  Powered by CAMAWEB